Saturday, August 4, 2012

JBModel.eu Site Upgrade

K.u.K Huszar Class JBModel Set
Built by Katarzyna Manikowska
Heavy day(s).
Since I had no chance to go out and shoot, let me share few pictures of JBModel models and give some background.

I spent basically the whole day yesterday and working today updating, upgrading customizing my web shop - JBModel.eu. Shop installation is peanuts but when it comes to customization it is a nightmare.
Then when I thought all is fine I realized payment module does not work properly. After tons of cigarettes I found the root cause - firewall was blocking cURL communication. Now all is fine, I hope at least. Orders start to arrive through new interface and hope they keep coming :) Thank you my dear modeller friends!

SMS Planet. JBModel Set
Built by Jim Baumann
I have also initiated major restock as after summer holidays, they are half way through, modellers' world be quite active again.
We (me and few friends) are working on new sets that should be available for autumn period which should be quite busy.
Starting from October JBModel will attend Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven, Holland. Then 2 two weeks later C4-Open, Malmo, Sweden and again 2 weeks later - Scale Model World in Telford, UK. Lots of driving to a location, return trip, fast restock and hit the road to new location. Might as well happen we will attend some other modelling events in between. Perhaps even in September. I got some hints about Fields of Glory (polish - Pola Chwały) event in Niepołomice, Poland. Typically such events are full of modellers and history enthusiasts. It can be fantastic photography opportunity just as well. So two in one :-)


Me holding Admiral's hat
HMS Victory
I have literally  tons of pictures from different events and trips featuring also museum ships and their replicas. 2 years ago on the way back from UK we stopped by, actually still in UK, in Portsmouth to take special tour on board of HMS Victory. Only two of us and a guide. Such special tours can be arranged, it is a matter of talking nicely to staff and being lucky that someone would be available. We were able to go to places on board of HMS Victory that are closed to public, we could touch and hold anything we wanted. I for instance set on Admiral Nelson's toilet :)
Batavia's Bow
Besides that was able to dive all the way down to HMS Victory keelson - the verry bottom of the ship. What a feeling! And what was the most important I was allowed to photograph whatever I wanted! It was sheer fun.

Then we stopped by in Lelystad, Holland, to check replica of 17th century Dutch Batavia. Also great fun. I love those old wooden ships.

U3, Technical Museum,
Malmoe, Sweden
That was in 2010. Last year after Telford we went different direction and mood - Tanks museum in Bovington, UK. This is also something. I might write special topic only about that. Actually have to dig-out and undust all those museum and model photos and place them somewhere in the gallery. It will come.

Till next time.



King Tiger
Tiger

1 comment: